A Mother's Journal

Sunday, March 28, 2010

From TOM Bass to TOMball. . .

On Saturday, March 27th, Jadon went to a Cub Scout Field Day & Pinewood Derby @ Tom Bass Park.  They had lots of activities for them to do.  Jadon was pretty successful with the Pine Derby race.  He came in 1st place during test runs, 2nd place in the play-off, then 1ST PLACE in the finals.
 Pinewood Derby Race 3rd Place, 2nd Place, 1st Place



     1st Place WINNER

Here are some pictures to show some of what they did in addition to the derby races.  My video camera had the wrong setting in the beginning so some pictures have a blue tint to them. However, the moment was captured perfectly:

 
 
 


 

Jadon was so proud of himself and so was I.  We really appreciate the SHAC, Boy Scouts of America. We also appreciate the troop leaders that make days like this possible. 

================================================
Immediately after the cub scout event, we had to head home to shower and change for a birthday party at ITZ in Tomball by 6:30pm. 

The guest ate at the buffet, won door prizes from the birthday boy, ate cake and played games. I did not take many pictures but here are a few shots of Jadon I had to put on here.

Because the party did not start off with playtime and Jadon didn't know when they would get to play, he created his own game with a balloon. He just cannot sit still and does not have a problem playing by himself.
 
I had Jadon come sit next to me because he was not listening to me from across the room. He is quite the entertainer when he wants to play.  Here he is giving himself an artificial nose job by sucking in his nose. 

Now I HAD to put this picture on here. After the cake, the kids were given a game card. Strange thing, this card did not have a number of tokens on it, but had a time on it.  Jadon was allowed 30 mins to play as many games possible within the 30 min. time period.  Not very fun. Anyway, we stood in line because Jadon really wanted to ride the bumper cars.  He never rode them before and he was ready to go.  He gets on the ride, looks happy. I was able to take this picture.  As the ride started up, I looked up from my phone just in time to see Jadon snatch off the seat belt and bolt across and out the gate like his life was in jeapardy.  I was so upset with him. Not that he was scared, but because of the way he was over dramatic.  I must say this was not a "Proud Mommy Moment".  I must have been really tired from the active day, that I did not come across "understanding". I gave his winning tickets and game card away and took him home. 

I know that may sound very harsh but during the party I had to get on him several times because he was letting his bordom get the best of him and he was being very disruptive.  This situation was the final straw. It was time for us both to get some rest.  Other than that, it was a wonderful day.







2 comments:

  1. Wow! Very long day, and congrats to Jaden on first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's early on Easter Sunday and I'm viewing this blog. Jadon is one lucky boy to have a mother that would take the time to chronicle his life in such a beautiful way. My hat's off to you. I love you.
    ~Husband

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by iDesign Graphics by iDesigns