A Mother's Journal

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Storybook Opera @ Discovery Green

Yes, Yes again we went to Discovery Green to check out the Storybook Opera.  The kids seemed to enjoy the story with a lot of child participation. I thought the entire story would be told in 'opera singing' style but it was actually a story read. There was only singing when the character in the story was singing.  All-in-all, Jadon had a great time. The kids even received a free toy flute from Target.

After the story, that was both in english and spanish, Jadon had the opportunity to play on the playground for two hours. I should have brought a book, but I happen to have my headphones to keep me company as I sat and watched Jadon play chase with the other kids. I enjoyed watching him go up to kids asking "do you want to play chase" until one said yes and he takes off running. When that child leaves, he continues the same routine.  Another fun filled spring break day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by iDesign Graphics by iDesigns