A Mother's Journal

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Why I am starting this blog

I decided to start this online journal for my son, Jadon Reumel Harris, because I would have liked a journal kept on me from my childhood where I can look back at the accomplishements and victories in my life. I realize there are a lot of things I have forgotten. However, I tend to remember all the pitfalls and grief.

I want to keep a log for Jadon because there is no telling what he can do with it when he becomes an adult. Perhaps he can write a biography, make a movie, write a novel, or reflect back with his children and grandchildren. Maybe he will not care one bit about reading the journal.


You may be wondering why I am not writing a journal about my life. It seems so much easier to start at the beginning of a life and document its growth. Until my son turns 18, his father and I will be the main influence in his life. So when I talk about his life, I talk about mine. If that makes any sense at all.

With that said, I present to you now, Jadon R. Harris: A Mother's Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by iDesign Graphics by iDesigns